Sunday, April 18, 2010

Summer Salad Dressing

I've had this a million times at my sister-in-laws house and have always loved it. I decided to finally start "making" it at home and haven't gone back to store bought dressings. #1 the regular run of the mill dressing is loaded with garbage and #2 the organic / natural dressings are expensive and just as easy to make yourself.

This is sort of a slacker recipe however, I've decided to put some time back into sharing what I've been up to in the kitchen and figured I'll start up slow.

So, the best and easiest dressing for all of your summer salads take three ingredients:

* Olive Oil
* Lemon (or Lemon Juice)
* Kosher or Sea Salt

I'm on a greens kick these days which is perfect timing, right before our CSA starts up, happiness!! I've been using Swiss Chard (any color), Purple or Green Kale and some Romaine. 

Wash greens well, throw in bowl. Drizzle olive oil onto greens. Squeeze a lemon or two (or pour in some bottled lemon juice) and sprinkle with Sea Salt - mix and enjoy!

For a hearty addition throw in some wheat berries or spelt - Yum!


0 comments:

Post a Comment