Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mango Guacamole - So Good!

We always cruise the salsa and guacamole at Whole Foods before picking up our produce. I thought I'd grab a container of the mango guac until I saw the price, $6.00. Seriously? 6 bucks for a small teeny container of mango guacamole, come on!!

I refuse to pay that for something I could watch Anthony take down in 3 bites (he could too). I made my own version tonight, I just took the ingredient list from their package and went from there. Tastes the same to me (probably better) and at a fraction of the cost , and enough for the entire family!

3 Avocados
2 On the Vine Tomatoes
1 Mango
1 Lime Juiced
Cilantro - to taste
Kosher / Sea Salt - to taste

Mash the avocados with a fork (I like mine a bit chunky). Dice tomatoes and mango, throw in. Squeeze in lime juice. Mix. Add cilantro and salt to taste. Mix and chill. Serve with the Red Hot Blues by Garden of Eden for a lil spice.

Pfff.. 6 bucks

2 comments:

SaraY said...

i actually made this the other day - i saw the recipe on epicurous, but it also had pomegranate in it (which is out of season). It's fantastic!

Unknown said...

go my frugal sista!

Post a Comment