Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tortilla Soup

Anthony is not a fan of tacos, I could eat them 5 out of 7 nights a week. Cheese, salsa, guacamole, chips, beans, onions, come on - what's not to love, right?!

In my quest to get around mentioning "taco night" one more time only to be denied, I decided to serve up a taco in soup form and ran across this recipe.

Serve with cilantro, lime, chips, cheese and avocado and you can not go wrong.

Made the following changes:
  • Used olive oil
  • Used mild green chilis and let everyone adjust the hotness
  • 2 1/2 T of Cumin instead of 3 T
  • Omitted the salt
  • Used the Not Chicken bouillon base
  • Added Quorn Chicken pieces and sautéed with peppers and onions
  • Added 2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
  • Threw in some leftover quinoa
I found my taco night  Olé!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment