Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quick and Easy - Red Lentil Soup

I've recently returned back to work and it has been such a bittersweet week for us all. In preperation I wrote a list of quick weeknight meals that I could pull together as soon as I got home and have dinner on the table in a snap. This soup made it to the list, I love quick soups and love them even more for lunch the next day.

Heidi of 101 Cookbooks is amazing and lists her recipe here.

I made a few changes: skipped the shallots since I didn't have, added about 3 - 4 cloves of garlic, used 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of caynee instead of red pepper flakes, and skipped the salt since using a vegetable bullion.

I added a poached egg to each bowl and served. If you've never added an egg to your soup, now is the time for you to try this. I can not tell you how incredible this is, take my word on this and try it!

Great poaching instructions here.

The soup turned out wonderful and was the perfect comfort to a stressful (but great) first day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yes adding an egg to a soup is the creme de la creme.

Post a Comment