Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Protein Pancake

With the new workout regiment comes a new eating regiment. I've never really done things halfway and tend to jump in full force.

This recipe comes from an amazing friend, who like me, has no idea of what slowly easing into something means and goes straight away for the top (eh hem, CMG).

My breakfast consists of a serving of protein, a complex carb and a simple carb, along with copious amounts of coffee. This pancake, topping and a cup of coffee do the job marvelously.

The best part is the kids love it and I couldn't be happier with that.

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 cup uncooked oats
1/2 banana
1/2 to 1 scoop VCore S'mores Protein Powder - by Complete Nutrition
Cinnamon - as much as you like, I use a ton (optional)
Capful of Vanilla

Topping:
Can mash up other half of banana or eat plain. Once a week I put SF syrup on my pancake (rebel!).

Use a small amount of coconut oil to grease your pan. Blend all ingredients together (or whisk) and pour into heated greased pan. Let pancake cook, cut into fourths and flip each section. Top with banana, SF syrup or enjoy plain!


Fine print: The actual pancake does not look as beautiful and tempting as the one pictured but come on, the one picture would have you doing cardio for two hours to burn off and no one really likes two hours of cardio.

2 comments:

Trihardist said...

Okay, these look WAY better than my protein pancakes, which I make with a scoop of protein powder, and egg, and just enough water to hold it all together. And they're pretty gross, unfortunately. Can't wait to try these!

www.smellwhatimcookin.com said...

@trihardist!

just came back to this page to give recipe to a friend and saw your comment - you know, I still do your Amanda spin workout and LOVE IT!!!!!! :) Are you still custom making spin workouts?

Post a Comment