Saturday, October 24, 2009

*Easy* Spicy Peanut Sauce and Soba Noodles


I love peanut sauce, there’s something about peanut butter and chili paste that just really goes hand in hand!! Almost like Chocolate and Red Pepper- if you haven’t had, it’s a must try!

I made a super easy, super quick stir-fry last night and it turned out really good, I used veggies that I had on hand and they were limited – carrots and tomatoes, it would have been *great* if I had more veggies eh, next time.

To achieve greatness this recipe would probably have the following veggies; carrots, tomatoes, peapods, mushrooms and bean sprouts. Quorn chicken would be a nice option and some fresh cilantro if you happen to have.

Best part about this dish is you can use the base and make the rest yours, don’t be scared.. get crazy!! - Soba noodles cook so quickly (4 mins) that this dish truly is effortless!

Ingredients for Spicy Peanut Sauce:

4 Tbsp chunky organic peanut butter
3 tsp chili hot sauce (I would say on a scale of 1–5 this gives it a 3.5 spice rating)
4 Tbsp hot water
2 tsp agave nectar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (I really wanted to use rice vinegar but didn’t have, balsamic worked perfectly, so much so that I wouldn’t change this)

Cook in small saucepan, stirring frequently, keep on low or set aside

*If you like more sauce, then just add a bit more of each ingredient– easy peasy! You could always double the sauce recipe above if you’re not sure and add as you go then use your leftovers as a healthy veggie dip – I recommend carrots!


For the stir-fry, I used:

4 bundles of soba noodles, cook in water for about 4 mins, rinse in cold water immediately (to stop from cooking)
4 carrots, sliced
4 on the vine tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, diced


And next time I’m going to add:

Couple handfuls of peapods
Couple of mushrooms – 5 or 6 sliced
Handful of bean sprouts
Quorn Chicken - maybe...

In a wok heat up one tablespoon of coconut oil and stir-fry veggies, turn heat down and add spicy peanut sauce and Soba noodles mix until noodles and veggies are evenly coated

I’d say this makes enough for four or two and lunch the next day – yum! Live well and eat even better~ Donielle

1 comments:

Sara said...

I'm going to make this next week...putting it on my list!

Post a Comment