Friday, October 16, 2009

Who needs a fancy pants Lara Bar anyways??

a
You'll often hear me say "I need something sweet, just a bite" after lunch or dinner, I'm not sure what it is - blood sugar? Love of dessert and sweetness, all of the above? Either way, I've found a way to tame the sweets monster while keeping my jeans from automatically unbuttoning themselves (always a bonus)!


This recipe is SUPER easy. The first time I made it, I followed it to a tee - second time I thought I'd jazz it up a bit with wheat germ and flax - I wouldn't recommend it at all (blah).. Keep it simple and healthy. Recipe comes from It Ain't Meat, Babe blog. 
Cashew Date Bars
  • 2/3 cup mashed dates (about 10 - 11 big gooey dates)
  • 1 cup raw cashew pieces
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
A food processor is very handy for mashing/chopping up the cashews and the dates. Process them separately or you'll end up with an over-processed gloppy mess.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl using your hands until they turn into a big, slightly sticky blob. 




Line a loaf pan with tinfoil and mash the mixture down flat into the bottom of the pan until it is spread evenly. It will probably be just under an inch thick.




1 comments:

Mara Katz said...

Love the recipe! How many servings ya think?

Post a Comment