Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A New Thanksgiving Tradition

I've been planning our Thanksgiving menu in my head for sometime now. I want to find the perfect balance of sweet and savory, filling yet still lite (so we don't feel bogged down by food) and find the perfect spread to satisfy both vegetarian and non alike. I'm going to test our Thanksgiving dinner this year. We've been invited to my Aunt's house where I'll bring a bounty o'food. This will give me a good read for how the non-veggies do.

We don't normally eat "mock" meat, being a former meat eater this stuff will never come close and it's rather eww ( I've tried mock bologna, salami and turkey all totally gross, blah!) However, there are a couple of exceptions and Quorn products are certainly at the top of my list.

Here's ze menu (in planning)

Main: Quorn Turk'y Roast



Sides, I'm thinking:

  • Apple Wild Rice served with Shitake Mushroom Gravy (may or may not stuff into winter squash)
  • Succotash of Fresh Corn, Lima Beans, Tomatoes and Onions
  • Whole Wheat Stuffing, packed with onion, celery, green pepper, mushroom and spices
  • Spice-roasted Butternut Squash with Smoked Sweet Paprika

For Dessert, I'm thinking:

  • Sweet Potato Layer Cake


Most Importantly:
And for our new family Thanksgiving Tradition, we're going to sponser a turkey; isn't that sweet! We'll go through the Adopt-A-Turkey Project, a Farm Sanctuary for commercially rasied Turkeys.

Here's (soon to be ) our Turkey; Gideon


0 comments:

Post a Comment