Sunday, November 8, 2009

Remember those orange cubes that you didn't want to eat....

It's what's in your mac n' cheese! Good thing Dominic can't read yet, otherwise I'd be busted! My new favorite thing is to puree veggies that he's not into at the moment and mix them into his dinner. Dom loves mac n' cheese and I love my food processor so it's a perfect match.

Last week I made him pop tarts with a blueberry and spinach filling, he was non the wiser. For dinner I made him some pasta with homemade gravy / sauce (this is still a rather large family debate) Is it gravy or sauce? I digress.. and threw in another 1/4 cup of the spinach blend. Tonight he had some mac n' cheese with pureed sweet potato- na na na naaaaa na, I win.


Ingredients:

1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped and steamed
Box of whole wheat pasta shells
Whole milk mozzarella and cheddar
Rice Milk

This one is pretty easy, boil as much noodles as needed and drain. Steam sweet potato, zip in food processor and add some water, start with 1/4 cup of water and go from there.

Add cheese and some sweet potato puree to the noodles, if mixture seems think add some rice milk.

Voila - Sweet potato macs!

p.s. Same recipe for Spinach macs. Steam spinach, zip in processor add to noodles. Note: there's no powdered processed or liquid processed cheese and no butter and, a whole lotta goodness; it will make you smile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment