Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Salad


Each week I ask myself what I'll do with our CSA drop. Last week we had an abundance of corn and some left over from the week before. We got tired of corn on the cob and I needed a good way to go through the cobs, so I tried this recipe. I also boiled all of our corn and have it in the fridge on stand-by for the next batch. If I don't use I'll cut off the cob and freeze.



This recipe is EXCELLENT!! I changed a few things:

  • added two avocados
  • omitted the cayenne (my mom was in town and doesn't like spicy stuff)
  • used half the salt
  • added extra lime juice using about two fresh limes  - it's a must to use fresh limes
  • Next time I'm going to add Mango and think this would be the perfect addition

The best part about this salad is it's versatility. You can eat it as is, as a dip with some tortilla chips, throw some in a burrito or taco. Throw in some romaine (a great chance to also use up your chard and kale) add some cheese and sour cream and voila you've got yourself a Chipotle burrito bowl!

If you are a meat eater, I'd bake up some Tilapia and just before it was finished would add heaping spoonfuls of the mixture. You could use this mix with chicken or pork.. the options are endless.

This will definitely be a constant in our fridge for the remainder of the summer. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Katie Couture said...

Going to make this, this week for lunches. Can't beat the delicious taste and how fulfilling it was.

Post a Comment