Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Sorbet


So I started out with semi-decent intentions. My thought was to try and make a healthy-ish chocolate dessert but, the more I got into it I just couldn't do it. Chocolate shouldn't get the short end of the stick and manipulated into something "healthy", it should be left alone and we should just let chocolate be chocolate, in all of it's deliciousness decadent glory!

I used this recipe and changed a few things. Instead of 3 oz of chocolate, I used 5. Using 1/2 dark and 1/2 milk - real chocolate, not dairy free. Didn't have xanthan gum and used guar gum, same results.

Let me say this about the sorbet...it is the most amazing, decedent, chocolaty, rich, sinful tasting chocolate dessert I think I've ever tasted. I wish this recipe wasn't so easy and quick to make or my jeans may never fit me again. A couple of spoonfuls is all it really takes to get your fix. You'll soon find yourself making extra trips to the kitchen to sneak a taste here and there and as your walking away whispering sweet nothings to the spoon on which your little piece of heaven awaits.

Trader Joe's makes a great organic chocolate bar for only 1.99. Pick up two and use 1.5 of the bars, hide the rest in the fridge from the husband, partner, kids, EVERYONE!

1 comments:

Katie Couture said...

This is sinfully delicious!! Loved it Don!!

Post a Comment