Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Red Lentil Loaf - I know, Lentil Loaf?



I've always chalked up a lentil loaf right next to a fruit cake, never had one, never wanted to. However, I love lentils and I love a healthy spin on good ole' comfort food, so I gave it a whirl upon a friend's recommendation.

I followed this recipe; using homemade salsa, cilantro, oats and soy cheese. Our family is in love with this and it's become a staple in our house. It's an easy prepare-ahead-and-cook-when-ready recipe. I serve the loaf with a mushroom gravy and whipped potatoes or squash and something green. It's so easy and quick, I highly recommend you make this. Here's instructions on how to cook red lentils.

p.s. I've never been able to successfully flip this out of the pan while it's hot, serve direct.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment