Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Melt and Coolin Down - Orange Sorbet

I thought that my ice cream, sorbet, cold stuff addiction was due to being prego's over the summer with both kids. What I've come to realize is, I just love cold, fresh, simple ingredient stuff when it's hot.

Today's cool down of choice was a two ingredient orange sorbet using my  (drum role and angel chorus please),  VITAMIX! I'll have to write a separate post of how in love I am with this thing and keep a running list of stuff I've whipped out. Today was avocado fudge pops, sorbet, hummus and a green smoothie.

Any high powered blender I'm sure will work, if it can crush ice, you'll be okay.

2 oranges, peeled, halved, seeded
2 Tablespoons sugar - I used evaporate cain juice
4 cups ice cubes

1. Place all ingredients into Vitamix / Blender in the order listed and secure lid
2. Blend and serve immediately

Nutrition: per 1/2 cup serving: Calories: 37, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Fiber 1g, Carbohydrates: 9g

0 comments:

Post a Comment