Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip all Healthy Schmealthy

I'm not sure where to start with this one so I'll just say it. 

This is a post for a recipe, for a cookie dough dip that tastes really, really good and it's made with chickpeas, it's also healthy. Enough said.

Saw the idea on Pinterest among many, many other ideas that I can only pin and dream of getting to and ended up on this blog. It's a huge score for me, finally someone that doesn't use white flour, sugar etc and can still land on a pretty decent dessert and sometimes down right awesome.

I've made her voluminous oats for breakfast every morning this week, with cocoa powder and a few other things.. will post that too - it's like eating chocolate pudding. 


My mods:
Heat the chickpeas for the smoothest consistency. Once you get them hot, rinse in hot water and drain. Add to processor and mix as directed.

I'm not a fan of stevia at all and have tried to be.. used maple syrup the first time and evaporated cain the second. I measured out the sweenter and added slowly to taste. I added extra vanilla b/c I like it. Used homemade almond butter, peanut butter makes it taste like peanut butter cookie dough (which really isn't a terrible thing). I also added cocoa powder to the first batch and it was ridiculous good, tasted like brownie batter. Used pretzels to dip into that one. I chill it in the fridge for a few hours before eating and it's much better than when it's warm. I also added the oats.

This cookie dough recipe is great with graham crackers too. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment